Feed the Fish Challenge

I found this challenge very difficult as I wasn't sure how to get the nerf bullets in the top, because they would always either go straight over or hit the container. 

I decided to try and raise my nerf gun attachment up so I could just point the gun into the top and drop the bullet in, however when I did this I hadn't read the rules well enough to realise there was a height limit. This resulted in me realising that the attachment was 170mm too high, although it did work very effectively (video of the mechanism in action - https://youtu.be/7mnbfLNHEIY)! Another problem was that it was slightly too wide. Although I did find a solution to this it didn't matter because we couldn't get the attachment below the height limit.

I then tried to modify my original design to allow the nerf gun to fire straight up. However, this didn't give me enough accuracy and I couldn't find any other way to fire into the top within the rules. This meant I ended up just pushing golf balls into the bottom of the fish tank. This was more challenging then it should have been due to the course not being very flat; this was mainly because the course had to be transported from Bill's house (one of the team members who built it) to mine, where we filmed and did the challenges.

Final video - https://youtu.be/weQ5Lqz1NjE

(James)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction form Steve